Communications & Publications Committee
The CP Committee is responsible to the Council of the Federation for the representation and promotion of the EFOMP activities to the public. This includes:
- Management of the EFOMP website and Social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram accounts);
- Publication of the quarterly European Medical Physics News (EMP News) in electronic form;
- Responsibility for the publication of EFOMP policies and presentational material on the structure and activities of EFOMP;
- Maintaining contact to journals recognised as official journals of EFOMP;
- Support for public relations activities and for the dissemination of information on EFOMP educational and scientific activities to enhance the education, competence and continuing professional development of medical physicists across Europe;
- Promoting international links among National Member Organisations and other professional bodies;
- Administration of EFOMP's website;
- Administration of the official Social Media accounts:
- Publication of European Μedical Physics News (quarterly);
- Design of promotional material (leaflets, flyers, posters, banners) for EFOMP activities
- Maintaining a presence at international and national congresses, conferences and meetings;
- Advise on advertising in EFOMP publications, website and social media. Include advertisements coming from National Member Organisations or Company members within the publications, website and social media accounts;
- Inform colleagues about Job openings and PhD/Postdoc positions through website and social media;
- Administration of the on line registration website platform for EFOMP events (EFOMP school, EFOMP examinations);
- Administration of the e-learning platform via the EFOMP website https://www.efomp.org/index.php?r=pages&id=e-learning
European Medical Physics News (EMPnews)
The purpose of EMP News is to bring attention to the activities of medical physicists all over Europe, via presentation of their activities and those of National Member Organisations.
All medical physicists are welcome to submit articles or ideas for articles, by emailing the Editors at email@example.com. The editorial board of EMP News particularly encourages submission of short articles written by early-career medical physicists, including PhD students, resident physicists, graduate students in medical physics, highlighting their work activities and/or research.
We also encourage submission of announcements and reports of events of interest to our European community of medical physicists.
Articles in EMP News by EFOMP Company Members illustrate the latest innovations and leading technologies to improve patient safety, quality and clinical outcomes.
Educational and professional news items are also of interest for EMP News. For example, articles describing national “International Day of Medical Physics” events are welcome. We are also keen to explore the “human” side of being a medical physicist and we are happy to receive submissions for EMP News’s “what Medical Physicists do in their free time” section.
How to submit an article
It couldn’t be simpler! No pre-formatting is needed – just email us your text file and accompanying graphics, to firstname.lastname@example.org, as follows:
• Articles should normally be no longer than 600 words, submitted as an MS Word file
• The document should contain the following:
o Text of the article
o Figure captions
o 50-word biography (bio-sketch) of the author(s)
• High-resolution graphics should accompany the article, using any of the standard graphics formats. The graphics should include:
o A separate file for each Figure in the article
o A head-and-shoulders photograph of the author(s)
The publication dates of EMP News are as follows, with the deadlines for receipt of copy in brackets:
Spring issue – March (10th February)
Summer issue – June (10th May)
Autumn issue – September (10th August)
Winter issue – December (10th November)
EMP News special issue on company members' news at ECMP2020
EMP News, the EFOMP newsletter, will publish a Special Issue dedicated to ECMP2020, reserved for Congress news from EFOMP as well as articles for ECMP2020 from industrial exhibitors which are EFOMP Company Members. The Special Issue will include Company members' news about their events organized during ECMP2020, and it will be distributed by email just before the Congress, to all registered participants of ECMP2020.
15th March 2021: Submission of Company Members' articles to email@example.com
16h June 2021: Publication date
Article length: 3000 words (maximum) + photos + brief Company description
CP committee introductory course
Price list for advertisement in EFOMP publications Size: 238,91 KB
Communication Activities Size: 3,44 MB
EFOMP General Flyer Size: 719,16 KB
Company member application form Size: 77,55 KB