Communications & Publications Committee
The CP Committee is responsible to the Council of the Federation for the representation and promotion of the application of physical sciences to medicine in the public. This includes:
- Management of the EFOMP website and Social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram accounts) including a database of the addresses of the presidents and delegates of the National Member Organizations as provided by them.
- Publication of the European Medical Physics News in electronic form.
- Responsibility for the publication of EFOMP policies and presentational material on the structure and activities of EFOMP
- Maintaining contact to journals recognised as official journals of EFOMP.
- Support for public relations activities and for the dissemination of information on EFOMP educational and scientific activities to enhance the education, competence and continuing professional development of medical physicists across Europe.
- Promoting international links among National Member Organizations and other professional bodies.
- Administation of EFOMP'S Website (the new website was launched on September 2017)
- Administration of the official Social Media accounts:
- Publication of the European Μedical Physics News (quarterly)
- Design of promotional material (leaflets, flyers, posters, banners) for EFOMP activities
- Presence in international and national congresses,conferences and meetings
- Advise on advertising in EFOMP publications and website / social media. Include advertisements coming from National Member Organisations or Company members within the publications and website/social media accounts
- Inform collegues for Job openings and PhD/Postdoc positions through website and social media
- Administration of the on line registration website platform for EFOMP events (EFOMP school, EFOMP examinations)
- Administration of the e-learning platform via EFOMP website https://www.efomp.org/index.php?r=pages&id=e-learning
EFOMP Newsletter (EMPnews)
EMP News intends to dedicate attention to the activity of medical physicists all over Europe and especially the young ones, via presentation of their work.
The editorial board of the EMPnews encourages submission of short articles written by PhD students, resident physicists, graduate students in medical physics, illustrating the highlights of their research; also in the form of interviews.
We also encourage submission of announcements and reports of events of interest to our European community of medical physicists.
A series of articles by EFOMP Company members refer to the illustration of all latest innovations and leading technologies to improve patient safety, quality and clinical outcome.
Educational and professional news will also be of interest for EMP News. News from National 'International Day of Medical Physics' events are welcome as well as articles describing 'what Medical Physicists do in their free time'.
Articles should normally be no longer than 600 words, with color figures and figure legends, in the form of a MS Word file and separate high resolution image files, plus a photo of the author(s) and corresponding 50-word biography.
Please find format guidelines at EMPnews article format.
EMP News will publish a special issue dedicated to ECMP2020, reserved for hosting EFOMP Congress news, as well as articles for ECMP2020 from industrial exhibitors which are EFOMP Company Members. The issue will host Company members' news about their events organized during ECMP2020, and it will be distributed via email before the Congress to all registered participants to ECMP2020. Deadline for sending articles is: 30 June 2020
Work in progress
1. Continuous development of the website
CP committee introductory course
Price list for advertisement in EFOMP publications Size: 231,47 KB
Communication Activities Size: 3,44 MB
EMPnews article format Size: 784,87 KB
EFOMP General Flyer Size: 719,16 KB
Company member application form Size: 77,55 KB
We are always looking for Europe-wide contribution to the EMP News. The editorial board thanks the continuously growing number of medical physicists who take their free time to produce the short articles that we publish quarterly each year, to keep informed the European community of their colleagues about the facts and events taking place all over Europe about our science and profession. Articles should be sent to the committee email at least two weeks before the publication date.
Release of issues in 2019 is foreseen on March (Spring issue), June (Summer issue), September (Autumn issue), December (Winter issue).
Deadline for sending articles: Spring (10 February), Summer (10 May), Autumn (10 August), Winter (10 November)