EFOMP-ESTRO Core Curriculum for Medical Physics Experts (MPE) in Radiotherapy
Publication Date: Mar 3rd, 2022 09:55, Category: EFOMP Announcements
Please find here the Core Curriculum for Medical Physics Experts (MPE) working in Radiotherapy which was prepared jointly by ESTRO Physics committee and EFOMP National Member Organsiations representatives.
The ESTRO-EFOMP core curriculum 2022 (3rd revised edition) is aiming to define a baseline standard for the education and training Medical Physics Experts (MPE) in Radiotherapy.
- provide a framework for national regulatory bodies to guide their own curriculum development
- contribute to harmonization in Europe in order to facilitate cross-border mobility of professionals
- improve the standard of training across Europe
- make it explicit to politicians what an acceptable standard of training is
The cc revision was based on:
• Latest EC guidelines on MPE (RP-174)
• EFOMP PS 12.1 Recommendations on Medical Physics Education and Training in Europe 2014
• CanMEDS methodology (the concept of competency-based education was reinforced)
The EFOMP Governing Committee