Lecturer in Physics
Position: Lecturer in Physics
Institution: School of Medicine
Application closes at: Jun 30th, 2023 11:33
As a Physics Lecturer the objective is to provide instruction, evaluate student progress, and assess undergraduate programs in Physics and related subjects. Additionally, the role includes conducting and disseminating high-quality research in Physics or a related field.
Job Title: Lecturer in Physics
Reporting To: Deputy Head of School of Medicine
- Deliver undergraduate medical school teaching in the Foundation Year;
- Design and implement educational programs, including lectures, tutorials, and practical activities, as well as assessments for the Foundation Year;
- Collaborate with Departments on curriculum, examination, and research matters;
- Collaborate with the Foundation Year Director to develop the curriculum, teaching programs, and exams;
- Provide guidance and mentorship to undergraduate students;
- Participate in examinations and assessment processes, including grading examinations, papers, and projects.
- Track student progress and achievements;
- Explore and promote the implementation of innovative education technologies that enhance student learning.
Education and Requirements
- Hold a PhD in Physics or a closely related field;
- Possess a Higher Education Teaching Qualification or equivalent, or be willing to complete relevant training within the first 12 months of employment;
- Have experience in teaching and assessing undergraduate courses;
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural issues involved in teaching undergraduate students within a multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development;
- Recent publications related to physics and/or related fields;
- Experience with MS Office suite and/or University software;
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
We apologise that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every application. If you have not had a response from us within 7 days, you can assume you have not been successful on this occasion.