International PhD Program | PHD Positions in Medical Physics and Radiopharmaceutical Sciences
Position: PhD student
Institution: German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Application closes at: May 15th, 2023 19:31
Are you interested in applying physical and (radio)chemical methods in cancer research?
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) in Heidelberg, Germany’s largest biomedical research institute, has its own multidisciplinary research program dedicated to “Imaging and Radiooncology”. This research program is concerned with introducing new findings, methods and technologies into the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Physicists, mathematicians, computer scientists, engineers, biologists, pharmacists and chemists strongly collaborate to tailor tumor treatment to the individual patient and to improve possibilities of local and systemic tumor control.
Main research activities are focused on:
- Development of novel approaches in diagnostics and therapy, based on physical methods
- Non-invasive imaging technologies such as CT, MRI, PET/CT, and PET/MRI
- Development of techniques for precision radiation therapy like IMRT, IGRT, MR-guided radiation therapy, proton and ion beam therapy
- Imaging Data Science
- Radiotracer and radiopharmaceutical drug development including radiochemical and radiobiological approaches to achieve efficient targeting of cancer cells
- Transfer of novel systemic diagnostic and therapeutic methods into a clinical setting for the benefit of cancer patients
More information about the groups and their research can be found here.
To apply online to the International PhD Program visit www.dkfz.de/phd
The deadline for applications is 15 May and 15 December each year.
DKFZ PhD Program Size: 215,97 KB