Internal Clinical Training Physicist
Position: Internal Clinical Training Physicist
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Application closes at: Sep 18th, 2020 23:59
As part of Global Education & Training, the Internal Clinical Training Physicist is responsible for the creation and implementation of physics and Unity MRL related knowledge development programs and to provide onboarding and upskilling services to regional clinical physics teams globally. This role will develop and implement standardized, efficient, sustainable programs and materials for enabling regional applications teams with clinical knowledge.
This position can be based in the US or UK.
- Create new (and refine existing) internal training and knowledge development programs and materials in order to enable and enhance performance of regional applications teams and coordinate with other subject matter experts to align with the direction of the Global Education and Training team.
- Conduct needs analyses to identify clinical learning objectives and ensure programs and materials are developed in accordance with business needs, while also maintaining quality standards.
- Serve as a mentor and guide for physics trainers globally
- Continually monitor internal training programs to ensure applicability and that they meet the needs of the regions
- Collaborate with Instructional Design & Media Team to develop innovative solutions to enable time and cost efficient knowledge transfers
- Deliver training activities to both internal and external customers using various platforms and media (i.e., classroom, virtual, recorded, etc.)
- Serve as a mentor and guide for clinical applications trainers globally
- Plan, prioritize, execute, and report on multiple projects
- Deliver training programs to improve regional support staff product knowledge to our regional offices in UK, USA, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, India and China.
- Incorporate Elekta values into departmental functions and responsibilities
- Masters or PhD in Medical Physics or related field
- 10 years clinical experience in a radiotherapy clinic is preferred
- Familiarity with commercial treatment planning systems (TPS) and beam modeling process
Experience working with Monaco (treatment planning software) strongly preferred
- Prior experience in content creation and delivery is preferred
- Familiarity/proficiency with the following: internal Instant Messaging (IM) programs (Skype, Teams, etc), Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, WebEx
- Working knowledge/understanding of Elekta and/or treatment planning products and proficiency in assigned product specialties
- Experience in beam data collection and linear accelerator commissioning required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively to a group
- Ability to interact with the internal team and customers effectively (phone, video conference, face to face)
- Valid passport required
- Up to 50% international travel required, may include weekends