European Radiation Protection Week 2023
Start Date: Oct 9th, 2023 10:00
End Date: Oct 13th, 2023 15:00
Location: Dublin, Ireland
European Radiation Protection Week (ERPW) is an annual, multidisciplinary, event which brings together experts and addresses current and emerging topics related to radiation protection.
Under the Consortium of European Radiation Research Platforms (MEENAS Group), ERPW aims to:
• promote the integration and the efficiency of European research and development in radiation protection to better protect humans (public, patients and workers) and the environment;
• advance scientific excellence in radiation protection;
• maintain and develop European radiation protection research capacity;
• encourage scientific education and training and foster key research infrastructures in the field of radiation protection;
• foster international collaboration, including collaboration with sister organisations and networks, in a non exclusive manner by open interaction with the wider radiation protection research community and stakeholders (inclusive of patients and the public).
The ERPW meeting series was initiated in 2016 in Oxford (UK) and is supported by key international organisations including, from the MEENAS Group: MELODI (Multidisciplinary European Low Dose Initiative), EURADOS (European Radiation Dosimetry Group), EURAMED (European Alliance for Medical Radiation Protection Research), NERIS (European Platform on Preparedness for Nuclear and Radiological Emergency Response and Recovery), ALLIANCE (European Radioecology Alliance), and SHARE (Social Sciences and Humanities in Ionising Radiation Research); together with expertise from PIANOFORTE (European Partnership for Radiation Protection Research), the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency), the ICRP (International Commission on Radiological Protection), and the WHO (World Health Organization).
ERPW 2023 is being hosted by University College Dublin, a member of EURAMED, and will have a strong focus on medical applications of ionising radiation and the associated radiation protection of patients, staff, and the public. For ERPW 2023, there will also be a strong focus on outreach and engagement (with patients and the public) linked to medical applications and environmental applications (e.g. radon gas) in radiation protection research.